Monday

Performance Art


For my performance art I wanted to experiment with pop culture, technology, and how people relate to it. I chose to preform the "Dougie" a dance made popular by the music group Cali Swag District, The song has been all over youtube and plays at most clubs and bars at some point in the night. The dance is a side to side swag, followed by rubbing your head back with your hands like you are "Super Fresh". I went to different locations and did the dougie, reactions from people passing by were mixed but most just seemed a little confused. I think most people are unaware of the dougie, or just were not feeling my swag. Haters.

Below is a the video on how to dougie for reference.



1 comment:

  1. I like the description you gave during class saying that you used the internet as your technology. Can you teach me how to dougie now?

    ReplyDelete